Pork Tenderloin with BLUEBERRY Barbecue Sauce

In keeping with the "blueberry"/vacation theme, I'll share the wonderful pork tenderloin recipe that we grilled on our vacation thanks to Oprah's O Magazine: Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce. I don't really know why I get O Magazine. Though I've always been an Oprah fan, I rarely actually read the magazine but instead flip to the end where the recipes are. If anything, Oprah knows food and the recipes are usually pretty darn good. Yay for Oprah and her love of food. We definitely have that in common.

The blueberry bbq sauce is made ahead and divided up. Half gets brushed onto the pork after it has been seared pretty well on all sides. Brush it on too soon and you'll end up with the flames licking the sugary sauce and burning up your pork before it has reached a safe level for consumption. You might notice that we used the old-fashioned way of bbq-ing on our trip... coals and all. And that I didn't wait until my coals were properly ash-colored before throwing the pork on the grill. HINT: It might be better if your bbq is actually ready for your meat before you attempt to grill it.

Lucky for me... after a lengthy period of grilling, the pork tenderloin turned out perfect... tender and moist and all that good stuff. The 2nd half of the sauce was spooned on top. It was a wonderful combination. We served it up with some freshly baked bread and a green salad... a great summertime dinner.

And the view wasn't bad either.

This recipe can be found HERE.

P.S. Happy Birthday Sis! Hope it's a great one!

Labels: ,